11/08/2010

To get a puppy or not to get a puppy?

I really want a puppy who would grow up to be my world travel companion when I finally leave and go wandering in a year or two. I love the thought of having a dog along. They're so much fun and so great for getting you out walking/jogging and meeting new people. Everybody waves and talks to a person with a dog :) The only tiny question left in my mind is how much a dog will limit where I can travel. I don't want him quarantined or anything so that means some countries will be out-of-bounds to us. Still, there are so many amazing places to go and if a puppy forces me to seek out places that might not normally be on the top of my list then he's just leading me on to better and more unique adventures.

I think I want a black lab mix...lab/collies are amazing! I really want it to be a pound pup though, like our family dog. He's so sweet and amazing and I hate to think dogs don't get homes because everybody is so picky they go to a breeder or pet store. So now I'm just waiting for the perfect little lab-ish puppy to come through the pound :)

Here's our family dog, Loki, who will be celebrating his 1st birthday later this month.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment