2/17/2011

This is what I aspire to

I just rediscovered stretching. Yes, I'm a dancer and so I spend roughly an hour a day stretching almost every day, but, not to put too fine a point on it, I'm already too flexible for a lot of it to really do me any good except maintenance. I could walk in and do any one of those regular stretches cold with no warm-up or prep on any given day of the week. But stretching, really stretching, is the shit. I used to do it all the time because a) it freaked out my less flexible compatriots a bit and it was funny to see their eyes bug out, and b) because I could; but the last few years I got bored and sort of forgot about it. Hence the plateau of physical development on which I now find myself. So I'm tired of being bored and not improving and that means I have to start legit stretching again.

Here are my inspirations:
(all "stolen" from google images)

this:

followed by this:

and then on my hands like this:

both this and with the top leg straight as well:

this (and yeah, she's facing away from the camera):

and then on my hands as well:

maybe I ought to start practicing my handstands now cause...yeah, not that spectacular at present.


and if you think I can't learn do these...well, clearly you have not seen me stretch, lol. ;)

<3


PS- this has got to be the single most useless stretch ever invented:


seriously, what the hell is that supposed to stretch? idk, maybe normal people get it...any normal people want to enlighten me in the comment box down there?
in the stretchy people universe it's either like this:


or like this:

lol ;)



2 comments:

  1. lol that stretch is for the truely unflexible, like me. It stretches the bottom of my thigh and knee...thats about it.

    And yes I think you can do it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, thanks for enlightening ;)

    and for the support!!

    ReplyDelete